LOST & FOUND CATS
in the Glastonbury & Wells Branch Area.
This list is published weekly in the local papers and new details added to our website on a weekly basis. We advertise found strays for 3 weeks before beginning to rehome them.
Details of lost and found cats can be posted on the CP Facebook page, but please be aware that if you want the cats to be listed on this page and in the local paper you MUST report them to our Lost/Found Officer on 01458 831419 as well.
If you lose your cat, check with your local Neighbourhood Watch and ask them to email all their members about it. A photo always helps. Also see below
To report a missing cat or claim a found one, see below.
- LOST Sandy ginger male, lost from Lethbridge Road, Wells and may be heading home to South Horrington. He was “on holiday” in Lethbridge Road.
- Black male, chipped un-neutered, from Tadley Acres, Shepton Mallet
- LOST ginger neutered female with white spot on chin, from Butleigh
- LOST b/w microchipped female from Woodbury Avenue, Wells,
- Tabby male with white chest and socks from Waverley Estate, Somerton photo >>>
- Black male, not microchipped or neutered from Campkin Road,Wells
- LOST Ginger tabby female with white markings from Norah Fry Avenue, Shepton Mallet.
- Dark tabby male, from Sharpham.
- LOST Black and white female from Launcherley, She is neutered and microchipped and suffers from epilepsy so her owner is concerned that she is missing her medication.
- Black and white 11 year old male, chipped and neutered. From Cranhill Road, Street.
- Grey/white tabby, male, chipped and neutered 17 year old from Roman Way G'Bury.
- LOST Friendly black male with white chest. 12 year old, neutered and microchipped, from Shepton Mallet
- LOST Misty a grey/white long haired cat is still missing from Wookey Hole Road area of Wells. We thought she had been found but sadly not the case. Microchipped (photo <<<)
LOST Dark tabby lost in Sharpham is still missing.
- LOST From Cannards Grave area of Shepton Mallet on November 15th (Carnival Night) TWO cats from the same household. A 10 year old grey female and a young neutered ginger tom.
- LOST Ginger tom neutered and chipped, from South Horrington
- LOST from Maxwell Road Shepton Mallet young white and black female
- LOST From Balch Road Wells, 8 month old tabby/white male (photo>>).
- LOST from Orchard Road Street 10 year old black male who is known to visit Portland Road where his owner used to live, but she isn't able to find him there.
We sometimes find cats who are microchipped but their owners have not notified the microchip company that they have moved house - it is then impossible to reunite these people with their pet. IF YOU MOVE; CHANGE YOUR DETAILS ON THE MICROCHIP DATABASE - it is pointless having the cat chipped if you don't.
There is a very thin, elderly grey cat causing concern in the Strawberry Hill area of Street. This cat does have an owner and is receiving medical treatment so please don't feed it or bring into your house.
- DO YOU KNOW THIS CAT? The male cat in this pic >>> is a stray in Westbury. Notices have been put in the Wells Journal, and in Westbury village but no response.
- FOUND greyish white nervous cat with a pink collar in West Horrington Owner found
- FOUND No cats have been reported found this week.
- FOUND In Grange Road, Street, Friendly black cat.
- FOUND long haired black cat with white chest and paws, in Castle Cary
- FOUND 5 month old tortie on November 4th in Westfield, Shepton Mallet. >>>photo>>>
- B/W timid cat in Burleigh Lane, Street.
- FOUND Elderly grey/white cat long haired in Gaston Close Street (<<< photo)
- FOUND November 2nd. Black cat with white bib, in Street.
- FOUND Ginger kitten is being seen in the Mount Pleasant area of Wells
- A black kitten 3/4 months old was found in the Millands area of Somerton and is at Somerton Vets now.
- FOUND St Dunstons Close G'Bury black long haired female 8/9 year old, not chipped. Has been taken in by Happy Landings Animal Rescue Centre.
- FOUND in Christopher Way, Shepton Mallet and handed in to Shepton Vets 6 mo b/w un-neutered male. Very friendly.
- FOUND in Stoney Stratton near Evercreech a middle-aged black female cat who sadly isn't microchipped. She is currently being cared for at Shepton Vets in Shepton Mallet.
- There is also a healthy cat, black with a white bib, in Compton Dundon who may have an owner but who has been seeking food at a property for about 4 weeks. Please let us know if you are the owner or know who might be. Phone Emma on 01458 850823 as she is currently fostering the cat. It sadly isn't microchipped otherwise an owner could have been easily traced. >>photo>>
- FOUND A young long haired tabby with white bib and matted fur is causing concern in the Balch Road area in Wells. If any one knows if it has an owner, please contact 01749 850660.
If you find or lose a cat, let us know. Phone Rosemary & Helen on 01458 831419 with the details.
Also contact your local Neighbourhood Watch, and try the advice given in this video: